Main area: Construction
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Job ref: 196-ESS0723
Employer: Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust
Employer type: NHS
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust is delivering an ambitious capital development programme which includes large scale construction projects, ranging from the installation of new imaging suites, to the rebuild of our critical care facilities.
We are seeking highly experienced and dynamic Construction Supervisors to join our Capital Development team.
Having gained significant experience on complex projects with build values in excess of £10m, you will:
- Ensure legal compliance is maintained, as required by various Acts of Parliament and local by-laws.
- Assist any third party advisers appointed by the Trust on rectification of any quality management issues during the latent defects period.
- Review Health & Safety compliance to include the wearing of PPE on site by all, site conditions, access and egress control on site and the displaying of relevant notices (F10).
- Monitor quality assurance, compliance with specification, NHS standards (Health Building Notes HBNs and Health Technical Memoranda HTMs) and Trust specific standards.
Experience of working with NEC contracts would be advantageous.
What we offer
We offer a dynamic challenging job in an exciting, fast moving, flexible working environment. We have a strong
commitment to your personal and professional development.
In addition, we offer excellent benefits:
- A minimum of 27 days annual holiday allowance (not including bank holidays), plus the option to buy and sell. Increasing to 29 days after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years.
- The NHS Pension Scheme – one of the most generous and comprehensive in the UK. When you start working for the NHS you automatically become a member and you will get an excellent package of pension benefits.
- Interest free Season Ticket Loan.
- Long Term Service Awards.
- Sports and social club.
- Subsidised staff gym and leisure facilities at both hospital sites, including a 25m swimming pool at Guy’s.
- Subsidised on-site nurseries and childcare vouchers.
- On-site cinemas for patients and staff.
- A comprehensive staff health and well-being Programme, ‘5 ways to a healthier YOU’.
- Weekly lunchtime walking group.
- Ride to work scheme.
- Employee assistance Programme.
- Free staff counselling service.
- Free stop smoking service.
Our Trust values: Put patients first, Take pride in what we do, Respect others, Strive to be the best, Act with integrity
If you would like to join the team, please apply online.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 22nd January 2019.